Schnitzer Steel1100 6th Avenue N
Billings, Montana 59101
- (406) 252-8080
- Contact Us
Schnitzer Steel’s Metals Recycling Business stands out from other metals recyclers. With a track record that’s over a century long and the solid financial footing of a Fortune 1000 company, you can count on Schnitzer as a professional company that’s nothing like the typical junkyard.
Some of the aspects that differentiate their company include:
- Their people are their greatest asset and the reason they are successful.
- Sustainability is not only a key part of their business model as a recycler but it is also an important consideration in how they carry out their work as they strive to be responsible stewards of their environment.
- They are a partner in the local communities where they do business.
- They act with integrity in all they do.
- They are absolutely committed to safety for their employees, their suppliers and their customers.
- They are constantly making significant investments in technology throughout the company to improve their efficiency and their capabilities and to further maximize economies of scale.
Within the Metals Recycling Business, they go the extra mile for their suppliers of scrap. Here are some examples:
- At many locations, they supply their industrial and commercial customers with roll-off containers that they fill on-site. When the containers are full, they pick them up and empty them at one of their recycling yards.
- For some of their large accounts, they have hired people to work exclusively for the customer, provided containers and facilities for scrap collection and ensured the customer has a dedicated account executive to ensure all their needs are being met.
- At their Oakland, CA facility, they offer extended hours that allow suppliers to unload day or night.
- At many of their facilities, they have modern unloading equipment that speeds up the process and makes their suppliers more productive.
They also provide great products and great service for their customers. Here are some examples:
- At many locations, their state-of-the-art shredding and separation technology produces more refined scrap to meet the requirements and needs of steel mills and foundries.
- At several of their deep water export facilities, they can load by bulk or container, providing more transportation options for U.S. and foreign steel producers and other customers.
- They have representatives in South Korea, China, Taiwan and Japan to better serve their Asian customers.
So get to know them and get to know the Schnitzer difference.
Watch the video to learn more about Schnitzer Steel.